ARTS ADMINISTRATION INTERNSHIP
- This is an opportunity for early career arts administrators to develop their skills in the management of artists’ contracts, needs and schedules.
- The Arts Administration Intern will participate in welcoming and accommodating professional actors, directors and designers from across the country and will assist in integrating them to the Alley and the Houston area.
- The Alley Theatre sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of our visiting guest artists.
- Interested candidates should be able to conduct research, manage appointments and maintain ongoing contact with all guest artists.
- The internship will enhance a future manager’s or producer’s communication, time management, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- This position reports to the General Manager.
- Develop skills in the management of artists’ needs and schedules
- Assist in welcoming and accommodating professional actors, directors and designers from across the country and will assist in integrating them to the Alley and the Houston area
- Assist the General Manager in coordinating the Alley’s ambitious production schedule
- Assist in coordinating travel arrangements, housing and hospitality
- Maintain ongoing contact with all guest artists
- Assist in anticipating the needs of guest artists
- Conduct research
- Have detail-oriented personality and proof of strong organizational skills
- Display an interest in arts administration
- Be able to apply and adapt previous experiences to a high-stakes and fast-paced setting
- Be able to represent the Alley Theatre in a professional manner
- Be self motivated
- Be reliable and responsible
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
- Work effectively and collaboratively with various personalities
- Have a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Have creative problem solving skills
- Have excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining a college degree
- Must be confident driving in Houston and possess a clean driving record
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Alex Odom: email@example.com
615 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.