COSTUME TECHNOLOGY & CONSTRUCTION INTERNSHIP
Available only between Labor Day and Memorial Day
This is an opportunity for early career costumers to develop their skills while working with a professional technical staff.
The internship will enhance an early career costumer’s skills in stitching, alterations, crafts, millinery and fabric manipulation.
The Alley Theatre Costume Shop sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of the shop.
Interested candidates should be able to conduct research, manage appointments, swatch and shop.
Interns may work in both the costume shop and with the wardrobe running crew.
- Assist in the care and construction of costumes and crafts designed for Alley Theatre productions
- Maintain wardrobe and costume stock
- Conduct research
- Attend fittings and department meetings
- Take notes
- Comply with all Alley Theatre safety procedures
- Report daily to an assigned senior staff member
- Be able to sew very well
- Have previous academic or commercial experience in costume construction for theatre or film
- Be able to apply and adapt previous experiences to a high-stakes and fast-paced setting
- Have knowledge of costume and theatre history
- Be self motivated
- Be reliable and responsible
- Be creative and positive
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Tanara Landor: email@example.com
615 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.