DEVELOPMENT (FUNDRAISING) INTERNSHIP
- This is an opportunity for early career arts administrators to develop their skills while working with a professional development staff.
- The Development Intern will have the opportunity to support each fundraising area in the department (individual, corporate and foundation giving as well as special events).
- The Alley Theatre sets a high standard of quality and seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of the development department.
- Interested candidates should be able to conduct traditional and online research, manage appointments, take detailed notes, type, and be comfortable making and taking phone calls.
- The internship will enhance an early career administrator’s skills with hands on experience in corporate and foundation relations, contract fulfillment, board development, strategic long-range planning, and event planning.
- Internships have no formal academic structure, and instruction does not take place in a traditional academic setting.
- Development Internships are available year around. Candidates must able to commit at least 12 consecutive weeks and a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Assist in cultivating relationships with individual donors, corporate sponsors and foundations
- Provide clerical support (filing, photocopying, typing, data entry, etc.)
- Conduct research on current and potential donors
- Assist in preparing for special events for board members, corporate sponsors and other types of funders
- Assist in proofreading proposals and grant applications
- Take notes and meeting minutes
- Express a passion for the performing arts and a business sensibility
- Be able to represent the Alley Theatre in a professional manner
- Be able to apply and adapt previous experiences to a high-stakes and fast-paced setting
- Be computer literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be self motivated
- Be reliable and responsible
- Have a detailed oriented personality and proof of strong organizational skills
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
- Have creative problem solving skills
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining a college degree
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Cathy Bencivenga: firstname.lastname@example.org
615 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.