EDUCATION & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
Available all year
This is an opportunity for early career arts educators and teaching artists to develop their skills in the management of education programs and enriching community engagement.
The internship will enhance a future educator’s communication, time management, marketing, and interpersonal skills.
The Education & Community Engagement Department sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of families, students, educators and learners of all ages.
Interested candidates should be able to conduct research, manage appointments and maintain ongoing contact with current clients and potential customers.
The intern will assist in cultivating future artists and actively encouraging an appreciation for the art of theatre.
- Have a detail oriented personality and proof of strong organizational skills
- Display an interest in youth development and community programming
- Be able to apply and adapt previous experiences to a high-stakes and fast-paced setting
- Be able to represent the Alley Theatre in a professional manner
- Be computer literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Have creative problem solving skills
- Must be confident driving in Houston and possess a clean driving record
- Must pass a Criminal background check and health screening
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining a college degree
- Learn the basics of sharing the art of theatre with children and underserved segments of the population
- Develop plans and strategies for making the theatre more accessible to the community at large
- Assist in the coordination of various events and programs that cater to educators, students, families, and special interest groups
- Assist in producing Young Performers Studio, HYPE, ASK, DramaKids and/or Between the Lines
- Assist in maintaining ECE’s ambitious programming schedule
- Report daily to an assigned senior staff member
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Cathy Bencivenga: email@example.com
615 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.