Available all year
- The Alley Theatre sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of the productions.
- Interested candidates should have previous experience in lighting for theatre, film or concert.
- The internship will enhance with hands on experience an early career theatre technician by working on designs imagined by some of the country’s leading lighting designers.
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 25 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Be prompt and prepared for work each day
- Interns will assist the Lighting Supervisor and the Master Electrician in hanging, circuiting, and focusing lighting instruments, as well as maintaining equipment, inventory, and spaces.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Michelle Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic knowledge of lighting equipment
- Previous lighting experience (academic, professional or commercial) in theatre, film or concert
- Completed at least one year of college
- Ability to take direction and work with others in a team-oriented environment
615 Texas Avenue
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.