MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
- This is an opportunity for early career arts administrators to develop their skills while working with a professional marketing staff.
- Assist in marketing the season as a whole, as well as individual plays produced on the Hubbard and Neuhaus stages
- Assist in promoting the image of the theatre both locally and nationally
- Assist in developing marketing strategies, advertising strategies, and promotions
- Observe the working relationships in the administration of the theatre
- Archived materials including track and organize press clippings, playbills and collateral material
- Department’s media database
- Draft and assist in the distribution of calendar listings, photo captions, press releases and other materials as needed
- Assist in planning and implementing special audience events
- Assist in updating the Alley’s web pages and web presence on other social media sites
- Assist in creating and tracking promotional email campaigns to drive sales and click through to content on our website
- Assist in the creation of printed communications including brochures, Playbill, posters, postcards, signage, etc.
- Assist in other marketing areas (box office, front of house, group sales, telemarketing) as required
- Ability to exercise good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems
- Self motivated work style
- Detailed oriented personality
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work on a variety of computer applications
- Ability to represent the Alley Theatre in an appropriate manner
- Passion for the performing arts, positive attitude, entrepreneurial spirit
- College graduate or college senior
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by e-mail to Andrew Hager, School Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Hager, School Programs Manager
615 Texas Avenue
Houston, TX 77002
E-mail and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.