PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
Available all year
- This is an opportunity for early career manager to develop their skills while working with a professional production staff.
- The internship will enhance a manager ability to organize, budget and schedule in a fast paced work environment.
- The Alley Theatre Production Department sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of the production.
- Interested candidates should have previous experience in production management or related technical experience for theatre or film.
- Have basic knowledge of theatrical production and management
- Be familiar with stage and technical theatre terminology
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Be able to apply and adapt previous experiences to a high-stakes and fast-paced setting
- Be able to take direction and work with others in a team oriented environment
- Have a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining a college degree
- Assist in daily operations of the production department, including the processing and accounting of financial, processing of weekly payroll and management and maintenance of the theatre’s safety programs
- Be prompt and prepared for work each day
- Attend production meetings, department head meetings and be present as support for technical rehearsals
- Comply with all Alley Theatre safety procedures
- Report daily to an assigned senior staff member
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Tanara Landor, ECE Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
615 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.