Available all year
- This is an opportunity for early career scenic artists and carpenters to develop their skills while working with a professional production staff.
- The internship will enhance a future designer’s or technician’s skills in building and painting props imagined by the some of the country’s leading designers.
- The Alley Theatre Prop Shop sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of the shop.
- Interested candidates should have previous experience in props for theatre or film. Interns in this department will work in the prop shop either on the construction of props or on props painting projects.
- Be very familiar with stage and technical theatre terminology
- Be comfortable with a variety of power tools
- Be able to apply and adapt previous experiences to a high-stakes and fast-paced setting
- Be able to take direction and work with others in a team oriented environment
- Have a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. with no restrictions
- Be able to work safely and comfortably at heights up to 30 ft.
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining a college degree
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Michelle Edwards: email@example.com
- Assist in the care and construction of props designed for Alley Theatre productions
- Maintain tools, materials and stock pieces
- Be prompt and prepared for work each day
- Attend department meetings
- Comply with all Alley Theatre safety procedures
- Report daily to an assigned senior staff member
615 Texas Avenue
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.