Available all year
- The Alley Theatre sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of the productions.
- Interested candidates should have previous experience in sound for theatre, film or radio.
- The internship will enhance with hands on experience an early career theatre technician by working on designs imagined by some of the country’s leading sound designers.
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 25 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Be prompt and prepared for work each day
- Interns will assist the Sound Supervisor and Lead Sound Engineer in hanging and focusing speakers, installing amplifiers, computers and related equipment and general maintenance of inventory and spaces.
- Basic knowledge of sound equipment, including various types of audio connectors
- Previous lighting and/or sound experience (academic, professional or commercial) in theatre or film
- Completed at least one year of college
- Ability to take direction and work with others in a team-oriented environment
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Tanara Landor, ECE Programs Manager: email@example.com
615 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.