STAGE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
Available all year
- This is an opportunity for early career managers and directors to develop skills in managing productive rehearsals and an ambitious production schedule.
- The internship will enhance a future stage manager’s or director’s communication, time management, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- The Alley Theatre sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of our directors, actors, stage managers, and production assistants during prep week, rehearsals, tech and performances.
- Have a detail oriented personality and proof of strong organizational skills
- Be able to apply and adapt previous experiences to a high-stakes and fast-paced setting
- Be able to represent the Alley Theatre in a professional manner
- Be self motivated
- Be reliable and responsible
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
- Work effectively with various personalities
- Have a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Have creative problem solving skills
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining a college degree
- Assist the staff in the pursuit of the Alley’s mission and goals
- Take direction and learn from the Alley’s experienced stage management team
- Run assigned track during technical rehearsals and performances
- Comply with all Alley Theatre safety procedures
- Report daily to an assigned senior staff member
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Tanara Landor, ECE Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
615 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.