TECHNICAL DIRECTOR INTERNSHIP
- This is an opportunity to expose students and young engineers to hands-on training in the professional theatre.
- The Alley Theatre Scene Shop sets a high standard of quality and it seeks interns able to collaborate and adapt to the needs of the shop.
- The internship will enhance with hands on experience an early technical director’s skills in the drafting, budgeting and engineering of scenery by the some of the country’s leading set designers.
- Internships have no formal academic structure, and instruction does not take place in a traditional academic setting.
- We can only make offers to candidates able to commit at least 12 consecutive weeks and a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Report to the Technical Director and Assistant Technical Directors
- Be prompt and prepared for work each day
- Attend department meetings
- Assist with the drafting of construction drawings for the scene shop and the maintaining of drafting archives
- Assist with the procurement of shop supplies and the processing of financial paperwork
- Comply with all Alley Theatre safety procedures
- Basic proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- Be very familiar with stage and technical theatre terminology
- Must be confident driving in Houston and possess a clean driving record
- Be able to take direction and work with others in a team oriented environment
- Have a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. with no restrictions
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining a college degree
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, references, one writing sample (no longer than two pages) by email to Michelle Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org
615 Texas Avenue
Houston, TX 77002
Email and written inquiries only. No phone calls.
The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status or sexual preference.