2018-19 Student Matinees
We are pleased to announce the 2018-19 Student Matinee Season! This year, we are producing Shakespeare's classis comedy Twelfth Night and the holiday classic A Christmas Carol - A Ghost Story of Christmas. Create a wonderful experience for your students. Boost critical thinking skills, cultural literacy, and help create a life-long arts lover.
You will receive the following when you purchase tickets to our Student Matinee Program:
- Re-Sourced Guide
- High quality professional theatre
- Discounted tickets
- Complimentary chaperone tickets
- Post-show TalkBack
2018-19 Student Matinee Performances
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Jonathan Moscone
Thursday, October 18
Start time : 10 a.m.
- The consequences of unfulfilled love
- Mixing/bending of gender roles and identity
- Love and self
- Class and social hierarchy
A Christmas Carol - A Ghost Story of Christmas
By Charles Dickens
Adapted and originally directed by Michael Wilson
Directed by James Black
Thursday, November 15
Tuesday, November 20
Tuesday, November 27
Thursday, December 6
Tuesday, December 11
Wednesday, December 12
Thursday, December 13
Start Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Meets English Language Arts Core Curriculum
- Identify plot, details, themes, and central ideas
- Analyze genres and themes of redemption
- Analyze multiple interpretations of a literary work
- Draw complex inferences and conclusions
- Analyze isolated scenes and their contribution to a plot
- Analyze, relate to, and draw conclusions on classical literature based on historical context
The program includes high quality professional theatre, discounted tickets, and complimentary chaperone tickets (1 free chaparone ticket for every 10 student tickets).
When choosing your production, please note that the Alley Theatre does not censor or change content to Student Matinee performances.