2018 - 2019 SCHOOL NIGHT PRODUCTIONS
Bring your students to the theatre!
Alley Theatre's School Night creatively supplement critical thinking and communication skills both inside and outside the classroom.
The program includes:
- An experience of high quality professional theatre
- Discounted tickets to selected performances ($12.50 per person)
- Play-specific Re-Sourced guides
Alley Theatre is offering School Night performances to four Hubbard Stage productions this school year.
Pulitzer Prize-winning play
Crimes of the Heart
By Beth Henley
Directed by Theresa Rebeck
Thursday, April 18 at 7:30 PM
Saturday, April 20 at 2:30 PM
Winner of the 1981 Pulitzer Prize and New York Drama Critics Circle Award, Beth Henley’s first play brings you to the Mississippi home of the Magrath sisters. Babe has just shot her husband because she didn't like his looks. This brings middle sister Meg back to town from Los Angeles, where she is unsuccessfully pursuing a music career. And poor Lenny, everyone has forgotten her birthday! Warm-hearted, irreverent, and imaginative, Crimes of the Heart teams with humanity as the sisters forgive the past, face the present, and embrace the future. Renowned Director Theresa Rebeck returns to the Alley to direct.
The Three Musketeers
Adapted from the novel by Alexandre Dumas
directed by Mark Shanahan
Thursday, June 6 at 7:30 PM
Saturday, June 8 at 2:30 PM
All for one and one for all! A swashbuckling romp of romance, danger, and comedy, perfectly suited for the whole family. Alexandre Dumas’ timeless tale springs to life as the young D’Artagnan, joined by his sister Sabine, discovers honor amid intrigue and high-stakes adventure when he meets the famous Three Musketeers. En garde for this action- and humor-packed summer hit.
- Determine which Alley Theatre plays are appropriate for your students before purchasing tickets. It is the responsibility of the school representative and principal to determine whether a play is appropriate for their particular group.
- The Alley Theatre does not censor or edit the content of a play for the Student Matinees performances. If you would like to read the script to determine if a production if suitable for your students, please contact Jessica Williams, Group Sales Coordinator, at 713.315.3346.
- Choose a representative teacher, parent or staff member. This person will be responsible for communicating your school or organizations concerns to the Alley Theatre and for keeping other participating adults informed of program information and schedules.
- Select the preferred show dates. Include the total number of student, teacher and adult chaperone tickets. Please note that this is a public performance and the number of available tickets are limited.
- Complete the online application School Night Application. Applications are accepted until all of the allotted tickets have been purchase.
School Night ProcessOnce an application is approved, representatives need to coordinate with school administrators and organize the Student Matinee trip.
The Alley Theatre Group Sales Department will send you a contract of your reservation request. To confirm your reservation, you must provide the appropriate signatures for the contract and return to the Group Sales Department within (5) business days of receipt. If the signed contract is not received in time, the reservation will be automatically cancelled without notice.
DROP-OFF AND PARKING
The school representative must arrange transportation to and from the Alley Theatre. We do not offer any assistance with loading and unloading buses. We recommend dropping students of in front of the theatre before parking the bus. If students are not able to be dropped in front of the theatre and must unload into the street, , please exercise extreme caution as the streets through and around the Theatre District are very busy. Because of the one-way streets downtown, student groups will need to cross the street to get to Alley Theatre.
For directions and individual vehicle parking, please go here.
For bus parking information, please go here.
Payment and Tickets
Submit payment for tickets on or before the payment deadline. School Night tickets cost $12.50 per person.
We will only accept ONE single check, cash, or credit card (AMEX, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa). We do not accept Purchase Orders. There are NO refunds or exchanges. If payment is not made in time, the reservation will be automatically cancelled without notice.
School Night performances are ticketed. Before the performance, a school representative will need to collect the tickets from the box office and distribute them to students. We recommend arriving at the theatre between 6:30 and 7:00PM. if performances begin at 7:30PM, and between 1:30 and 2:00 PM if performances begin at 2:30 PM.
THEATRE ETIQUETTEVisiting the theatre should be an entertaining and educational activity, but it is also one that requires consideration for fellow audience members as well as the actors on stage. Noise disturbs everyone. Knowing what is expected of you as a member of the audience can make the theatre experience more enjoyable for all involved.
- Students should be reminded that this is live theatre. Having conversations, disruptive behavior, and sleeping during the performance is unacceptable.
- Cameras or recording devices are prohibited during the performance. Photos should be taken in the lobby, in the theatre before the production starts, or outside the theatre after the performance ends. Anyone caught using recording devices in the theatre must either give up the device during the performance or be removed from the house.
- Discrimination, racism, homophobia, bigotry and hateful language will not be tolerated.
- We reserve the right to remove any disruptive student, teacher, chaperone or group from the theatre.
Educators and chaperones must model appropriate and polite behavior. They should also sit amongst their students during the performance. We look forward to welcoming you to the Alley Theatre.