Thank you to our alley donors!
Despite a challenging season following Hurricane Harvey, the Alley staff persevered in closing out the 71st season strong. We could not have done this without the support of our family donors.
We raised $316,705--surpassing our campaign goal of $300,000!
Here are some examples of what we were able to accomplish with the support of donors like you:
- 32 costume and wardrobe staff members created, maintained and ran the production of Cleo.
- 6 lighting staff members worked over 400 hours total to hang and focus 506 lights in The Great Society.
- 6 scenic artists spent 920 hours painting 4 backdrops for Picasso at the Lapin Agile.
- 5 props artisans built, painted, and upholstered Cleopatra’s bed for Cleo – the Alley’s biggest prop to date!
- Each performance of A Christmas Carol had 25 scene shifts executed by 1 stage supervisor, 1 stage management associate, and 4 deck crew members (plus, sometimes the actors)!
We are the Alley, and we are here to produce great theatre for you.
if you haven’t given yet, It's not too late to donate!
Check out our talented Alley staff in action!
Stories of teamwork at the alley
Here are a few anecdotes that shine a light on the amazingly talented team your donation will help support.
"I was flying like Trinity in the Matrix!"
Jay Sullivan tells a story about why he trusts his Alley Theatre colleagues with his life --quite literally.
No Department Escapes a Light!
Building the elevator for Cleo was no small feat, but you'll be amazed to hear how many experts it takes to change a light bulb.
Calamity on stage!
Hear how Props artisans saved the day with an extra pair of handcuffs for Elizabeth Bunch in The 39 Steps.
Why every theatre should have engineers like ours!
When the lighting and sound engineers were displaced from their workspaces due to Harvey, they stepped up to help others with a huge task.
Lee Barker, Carpenter, and Ellen Danforth, Stitcher, work on building sets and costumes for Picasso at the Lapin Agile.
Go here to learn more about the benefits associated with your gift.
For more information about the Lights Up on the Alley Theatre campaign and giving opportunities such as gifts of stock and monthly giving, contact us by email or at 713.315.3371.