the world premiere of Rajiv Joseph’s Describe the Night will be performed at the UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON AT 3351 CULLEN BLVD.The University of Houston Theatre is called the Quintero Theatre and is located in the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts building – or building 507 on the UH campus maps.
Please note we recommend arriving 45 minutes before your performance to allow time to park and find your seats. There is no assigned seating. The Quintero Theatre is general admission only.
DirectionsFrom the North or West:
If you are north or west, near 59 north, I-10, Memorial Drive or Allen Parkway, head downtown and get on I-45/Gulf Freeway southbound.
From the South or Southwest:
If you are south or southwest, take 59 or 288, head north to downtown and get on I-45/Gulf Freeway southbound.
- Exit Cullen (44C)
- Turn right on Cullen Blvd.
- Go .4 miles and turn left into Entrance 16 (the first possible left after the light at Elgin St.).
- Go .1 miles, and turn left at stop sign into parking lot. Designated parking is to the right.
- Theatre building is across the street from the parking lot entrance, straight ahead.
From South of I-45/Gulf Freeway
If you are south I-45/Gulf Freeway, head northbound.
- Exit Elgin, Lockwood, Cullen (44A)
- Turn left at Cullen and follow directions to Alley Theatre parking above from #3 down.
NOTE: If you find yourself on the express lanes after getting on I-45 southbound from downtown, you will pass by the UH campus on your right. DO NOT exit onto SPUR 5/Calhoun. Instead, continue to the next exit, Telephone Road, and make a U-turn, get back on I-45 going north and exit 44A -- Elgin, Lockwood, Cullen. At Cullen, turn left under the freeway and follow the directions above.
VALET AND PASSENGER DROP OFF
To valet or to drop off a guest in front of the theatre, take the second left entrance past Elgin. Valet parking is $7.00 cash or credit card.
There will be free parking after 5:00 PM on weekdays and on all weekends for Alley patrons in lot 16. Turn left at Entrance 16, the first left after you cross Elgin. You will turn left at the first stop sign to access the parking lot.