Audition submission deadline: March 18, 2024
Alley Conservatory is a professional learning experience that begins with your audition. It is important for us to know our candidates can meet their commitments.
Please note that Conservatory alumni and students who participated in the Spring Break Teen Acting Camp do NOT need to submit an audition video to be considered. More details below.
1. Students should prepare and memorize a monologue from a contemporary play or story (set after 1960.) Please, no monologues from film or TV. Students who need help choosing a monologue are welcome to use one of these.
2. Monologues should be 1-2 minutes long.
3. Students should start their monologue with a “slate,” stating their name, age, rising grade, and school. This can be done directly in the camera.
4. If shooting with a phone, please film horizontally (landscape.)
5. When filming the monologue, please use a focal point slightly off camera, as if talking to someone just out of frame. Please shoot the whole monologue in one take, and make sure the lighting and sound are adequate. We don’t need professional quality – just enough to showcase the student well.
6. After the audition, the student should record a short intro telling us about themselves and why they want to take part in the Alley Conservatory. This can be a separate take inside the same video file/link. Students may speak directly to camera for this.
7. Please upload video submission to an unlisted YouTube link. You’ll need to create an account if you don’t have one. Instructions can be found here. Conservatory alumni and students who participated in the Spring Break Teen Acting Camp do NOT need to submit an audition video and can write “alumni” or “spring break” in the box.
8. Submit your audition application (and any scholarship requests) via this link.