The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity. Read more about Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Alley Theatre.
Please click on the position you are interested in for job description and application process.
CREATIVE TALENT SUBMISSION FORM
Would you like to work with the Alley? Please fill out your information below.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER USHER
Did you know that all of the Alley Theatre’s ushers are volunteers?
SCRIPT SUBMISSION POLICY
The Alley has an open submission policy for all Texas-based playwrights.
Alley Theatre Internships provide hands-on professional training for those planning to pursue careers in professional theatre, arts administration, or non-profit marketing and management.
- Creative Excellence: Committed to standards at the highest professional level in our world premiere productions, contemporary work, classics, and new play development
- Alley Audience: Honoring and serving our longtime audience, subscribers, and guests while simultaneously cultivating and welcoming new and diverse audiences to the Alley
- Alley Company Artists: Dedication to the Resident Acting Company, resident artists and artisans, as well as continued relationships with guest directors, writers, actors, and designers
- Education and Community Engagement: Broadening perspectives through education, engagement with the many diverse communities of Houston, using theatre in everyday contexts, and theatre experiences for young people
- Alley Staff: Valuing our employees and creating a collaborative culture in which all employees can do their best work
ALLEY EMPLOYEE VALUES
At the Alley Theatre, we recognize that it is people who make theatre and that the Alley’s mission and vision could not be achieved without its employees. The Alley Theatre is a supportive team of individuals working toward a common purpose. We take time to celebrate not only our productions but also our team members doing excellent work in our shops, offices, and in the community.
- We strive to create an environment in which all Alley employees are able to do their very best work.
- We inspire others with our drive for excellence.
- We have a strong work ethic and strive to achieve the best results.
- We are trustworthy, transparent, and accountable.
- We only say things about other team members that we would say to them directly.
Kindness And Respect
- We treat others how we want to be treated.
- We are open-minded and have a positive attitude.
- We make time to help teammates.
- We listen and share information openly.
- We actively support equity, diversity, inclusion, and access in all aspects of our organization and greater community.
- We recognize we all have biases and work to grow past them.
- We create new ideas that prove useful.
- We pursue professional growth and learning.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation, floating holiday and sick time
- 401(k) with matching, FSA, HRA (Alley paid deductible)
- Free and discounted tickets to Alley Theatre performances
- Free parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Employee wellness program & EAP
- Houston, TX is one of the most affordable cities in the nation with no state or city income tax