The Alley Theatre does not accept unsolicited resumes. Resumes are only accepted for specific job openings. Job openings may be advertised here, in the Houston Chronicle or in the national Theatre Communication Group's (TCG) publication entitled "ArtSearch." The Alley Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please click on the position you are interested in for job description and application process.
The nationally recognized Alley Theatre (LORT B and C) in Houston, TX seeks an experienced and motivated Carpenter for the Scenery Department Staff. The Alley produces 14 productions in two performance spaces each year and recently completed a $46M renovation of the theatre facility. Candidates must have excellent carpentry, welding and rigging skills. Experience with CNC routers and stage automation systems a plus. The ideal applicant will have excellent interpersonal skills, a keen eye for detail and possess the ability to thrive in a team environment. This position is full-time hourly, eligible for overtime and includes paid vacation, health and dental benefits and 401(K) retirement plan. Email resume and references to Raymond Inkel, Production Manager, at email@example.com with “Carpenter” in the subject line. No phone calls please. EOE. Go here for a full job description.
The nationally recognized Alley Theatre (LORT B and C) in Houston, TX seeks an experienced, self-motivated and detail-oriented individual for Assistant Technical Director.The Alley Theatre produces 14 productions in two performance spaces each year with an annual production staff of 60, andrecently completed a $46M renovation of the theatre facility. The Alley is committed to equality and diversity in its workforce and encourages all interested parties to apply. The ATD will possess a solid background in engineering scenery construction projects in both wood and steel, as well as have a high level of proficiency with stage rigging and automation. Responsibilities include drafting in AutoCAD/Vectorworks, CNC programming, automation design, build scheduling and ordering materials and supplies. Three years of professional regional theatre experience preferred. This position is full-time salaried, with a benefits package including paid vacation, family health and dental, and a 401k retirement plan. Please send cover letter, resume and references to Aaron Wilson, Technical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Technical Director” in the subject line. No phone calls please. EOE Please click here for full Job Description.
- Administers the preventative maintenance program as required, properly completing work orders on time.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies are corrected. Must be familiar with Fire Alarm panel.
- Must be familiar with Metasys and Convergentz systems.
- Knowledge of Sprinkler Systems , Dry Pipe, Deluge System, House Tank and Fire Pump
- Perform general repairs, including pressure washing and replacement of building components and additional responsibilities delegated by Chief Engineer
- Learn and follow all emergency procedures
Knowledge and Skills
- Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in electrical and HVAC or any similar combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintenance work.
- Experience as a first grade stationary engineer.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 years plus of experience in commercial facilities and building maintenance.
- Background check will be required
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401(k) with matching
- Free and discounted tickets to Alley Theatre performances
- Working in the exciting performing arts scene in Houston
In addition to the duties listed above, the Alley Theatre expects the following of each employee: adheres to theatre’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner;performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets department productivity standards; participates in Alley Theatre events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Status: Hourly- Non-Exempt
Compensation: Depending on experience
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirement and references via email to HRdept@alleytheatre.org.
No phone calls. EOE.
Alley Theatre Outbound Calls (no cold calling) Fundraising
Holiday Hours, PT - Flexible Hours
Do you work full time or another part time job and need to supplement your income? make a little extra cash over the holidays? This is a great job for the retired, students or those that need flex night hours. We are looking for talented phone agents with “heart” to start: Monday, November 5 at 5:00 PM.
Here’s what the job is:
- Outstanding Customer Care
- Learn Strategic Marketing Techniques Through Language
- Fundraising positions available
- Year Round 16 hours/4 Shifts required min to 24+ hours a week
- Monday-Thursday 5pm-9pm & Friday-Saturday 9am-1pm.
- Opportunities for advancement
- Average earnings base pay plus commission $11-$15 per hour
- Cash bonuses for top earners (this depends on your ability to execute best practices that will be provided in coaching)
- Being able to take direction and follow direction is key and is required
- Complimentary tickets to shows available as a thank you for your committed work
- Parking Bonus Cash Money Provided for those who take direction well and who produce
- Demonstrating knowledge of Alley Theatre, its season, and its education programs is a plus!
- Equality and Diversity are welcome and ALWAYS makes the team stronger.
- This is a serious job for serious, dedicated, reliable lovers of the arts.
We are a nice successful family that has developed over this whole past 2-years won’t you come join us in the fun! Please no phone calls prior to the interview.
Send your resume with references in pdf form to: email@example.com.
The nationally recognized Alley Theatre (LORT B and C) in Houston, TX seeks qualified local theatre technicians to fill overhire Stage Crew and Wardrobe Crew positions throughout the 2018-19 Season. The Alley produces 14 productions in two performance spaces each year and recently completed a $46M renovation of the theatre facility. The Alley is committed to equality and diversity in its workforce and encourages all interested parties to apply. Ideal candidates will be team players with professional experience in technical theatre, and local to the Houston area. These positions are hourly, eligible for overtime, and hired on a per-show basis. No travel or housing compensation is available for these positions. Email resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Stage Crew” or “Wardrobe Crew” in the subject line. No phone calls please. EOE. Click here for a full Stage Crew job description. Click here for a full Wardrobe Crew job description.
The nationally recognized Alley Theatre (LORT B and C) in Houston, TX seeks Overhire Stitchers. The Alley produces 14 productions in two performance spaces each year and recently completed a $46M renovation of the theatre facility. The Alley is committed to equality and diversity in its workforce and encourages all interested parties to apply. Ideal candidates will be team players with strong organizational, interpersonal, and time-management skills. REQUIREMENTS: experience with industrial and home sewing machines, hand sewing and finishing techniques, and basic knowledge of costume construction techniques. Ability to work with varied personalities and timetables a must. Position is hourly, DOE, and eligible for overtime. No travel or housing compensation is available for this position. Please email letter of interest, resume and references to email@example.com with “Stitcher” in the subject line. No phone calls please. EOE.